Nourishing Gardens Installation Training Program
Interested in participating in our next Nourishing Gardens training cohort?
We will be launching our Spring Nourishing Gardens training cohort in the month of March 2021. Check back at that time for more information.
- We encourage applications from community members that are new to or returning to the workforce.
- We are looking for participants interested in learning more about planning and growing a garden, the benefits of gardening to the environment and human health, and learning in a community setting.
- This program is open to gardeners of all experience levels.
- Trainees must be 16 or older to participate.
- Trainees are required to commit to completing all program elements (including a 10-week training course held Wednesday evenings and Saturdays 10am – 1pm).
- Trainees must also provide their own transportation to installation sites.
More Information about the Training Program:
- CEI provides all training supplies for participation in the program, including the course textbook.
- Our first training cohort was convened in the Fall of 2020
- CEI received more than 30 applications for 10 training slots
- CEI chose to welcome 15 trainees in the Fall cohort
- The cohort meets every Wednesday 6-7pm for virtual training and discussion, and meets Saturdays 10am – 1pm for onsite experiential learning installing gardens and food forests.