Nourishing Gardens Installation Training Program
Interested in participating in our next Nourishing Gardens training cohort?
The Spring Nourishing Gardens training cohort application period closed on February 22, 2022. Check back for more information about applying to the 2023 training cohort in February 2023!
- The goal of the training is to provide workforce development training for those interested in becoming paid installation team members. We encourage applications from community members that are new to or returning to the workforce.
- We are looking for participants interested in learning more about planning and growing a garden, the benefits of gardening to the environment and human health, and learning in a community setting.
- This program is open to gardeners of all experience levels.
- Trainees must be 16 or older to participate.
- Trainees are required to commit to completing all program elements (including an 11-week training course held Thursday evenings 6pm - 7pm and Saturdays 10am – 1pm).
- Trainees must also provide their own transportation to installation sites.
More Information about the Training Program:
- CEI provides all training supplies for participation in the program, including the course textbook.
- Our first training cohort was convened in the Fall of 2020. We received more than 30 applications for 10 training slots, and chose to welcome 15 trainees in the Fall cohort.
- In the Spring of 2022, CEI will welcome 25 new trainees to our program!
- The 2022 Spring cohort meets every Thursday 6-7pm for virtual training and discussion, and meets Saturdays 10am – 1pm for onsite experiential learning installing gardens and food forests throughout the community.